Lowes Love

This is a quick post about a looonnnng shopping trip. A shopping trip so long, we had to leave our cart at customer service halfway through and take a lunch break.

Lowes Love- evanandkatelyn.com

I had one of those 10% everything coupons from Lowes so we decided hey, might as well get everything on our list at once. This included supplies we need for DIY-ing our laundry room floor (yep, after the bad experience hiring someone we went back to the original DIY plan), supplies for replacing the tile in our master bathroom, stuff to re-grout and re-caulk our master bathroom while we’re at it, step one of “get the garage in gear” plan, some much needed yard maintenance tools, a grill (’bout time!), a sledgehammer we have big plans for… and much more! Lets just say we racked up quite a bill, but also saved a ton and it was fun being the couple walking around with the giant cart that everyone stared at.

Lowes Love- evanandkatelyn.com

Excited to finally have all the tools we need to make progress on these projects that have been hanging over our heads!

, ,

8 Responses to Lowes Love

1. Maria April 18, 2013 at 7:24 am #

Can I just say how awesome it is that you took a lunch break during a shopping trip to one store. Hahaha. Are Lowes stores bigger in Texas?? (actual question)

2. Katelyn Shibley April 18, 2013 at 7:30 am #

We were there for like… 6 hours haha, a break was necessary! 2 of those hours we were talking to this awesome guy in the tile department learning everything we needed to do for our laundry floors and our bathroom, and the other 4 we were shopping. Not sure if they’re bigger here, I don’t remember how large they are in other states (been a long time since I was at a Lowes outside of Texas)

3. Evan Sheline (@evansheline) April 19, 2013 at 1:08 pm #

Being a nerd I checked. Turns out not at all really:
    Our Lowes on the left and one in Washington DC on the right at the same scale.

4. Evan Sheline (@evansheline) April 19, 2013 at 1:08 pm #

And that’s not really a toys r us that shares the building, the whole thing is Lowes :P

• Maria April 19, 2013 at 1:15 pm #

This is pretty much the best reply/reply chain ever.
      Engineers are awesome! (Disclaimer: 2 of my best friends are engineers.)
      I have no idea about the DC Lowes, if it’s in the same building with Giant. To be honest I didn’t even know DC proper had a Lowes!! Hahaha. The closest Lowes to me is near Laurel, MD (it’s like 25-30 minutes away, cause that’s how this area rolls), and it doesn’t seem too big, but uh it’s like 30 minutes away so I don’t go there too often.

5. Evan Sheline (@evansheline) April 19, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

Well… now I’m not sure about the one in Washington. Is the Lowes in the same building as the giant food pharmacy… Guess we’ll never really have an accurate comparison till we find standalone ones to compare but I should really get back to real work hehe. Besides, I’m approaching the limit on how many times I can comment in a row without being ridiculous

6. Katelyn Shibley April 19, 2013 at 1:13 pm #

haha. you goof. get back to work! :P

Trackbacks/Pingbacks