We’re (Sorta) Famous!

Avatar Katelyn | August 9, 2014 6 Views 0 Likes 0 Ratings

Oh snap!!! Our wedding got published!

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 9.21.24 AM

You can find it over at the Wedding Chicks blog (could not have titled that post better myself) and check out all the wedding-y goodness.

10252096_835622449000_8017468632709008076_n

In the post you can see tons of our DIY wedding projects in action, lots of which we’ve already posted tutorials for, like our marquee letters, photobooth, string and nail letters, paper lantern chandelier, and silver glitter bottles.

thebirdandthebear-82

But we have even more we still need to post about! We are already getting requests for a tutorial about how we made our photobooth backdrop so that will be coming very soon. We’ll also be posting about how to DIY program fans, paper heart straws, custom table numbers, our chalkboard seating chart, and more!

the-bird-and-the-bear-photography

Thanks guys! <3

Comments

This post currently has 13 responses.

1. Lisa C.

August 9, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Cool!
    So you would have done the wedding program fan in Illustrator, yes? Did you find the fonts or make some of them yourself? And it’s so fun that it’s consistent w/ the invitation :).

• Katelyn Shibley

August 10, 2014 at 9:08 am

Thanks! I sketched out the drawings in photoshop but everything else was done in illustrator. I didn’t make the fonts but I have a pretty extensive collection that I’ve downloaded over the years. And yeah I wanted it to be consistent with the invite, table numbers, thank you cards, etc :)

• Lisa C.

August 10, 2014 at 7:15 pm

You’re welcome!
        Fonts are interesting. I’ve got an ’05 copy of Dynamic Graphics magazine that features an article about fonts and it’s a whole ‘nother world!
        Sketching in photoshop–you are a whiz w/ the drawing tool! I hardly ever use it. Right now I’ve a freelance gig in which I’m putting together a family history book for this lady in Dallas and I clean up/repair photos, put a special effect like bevel and emboss, stroke, or drop shadow, and put frames around wedding pics/baby pics/other special pics. I generally make the frame in illustrator or indesign and import it. I also get the text ready in indesign–copyedit when needed, and put the text in different-sized text boxes to flow with the pics.

2. Melissa

August 13, 2014 at 10:29 am

hi! your wedding is AH-Ma-ZING! I also love the cat touches. wine bottles….magic….!

are you will to do design for a wedding? your programs are EXACTLY what we are looking for?!

if you do custom work, please let me know.

• Katelyn Shibley

August 13, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Hi Melissa! Yes I would be willing to do design work for a wedding, I love that kind of stuff and I freelance graphic design so it’s right up my alley :) I don’t want to give out my email publicly on the blog, but send me a fb message to the Evan & Katelyn fb page (https://www.facebook.com/evanandkatelyn) and we can talk from there, sound good? Thanks!

3. Today'sBride

September 24, 2014 at 10:04 am

Hi Katelyn & Evan,

So I think it’s safe to say I’m officially obsessed with your blog now! (New subscriber over here, yay!)

Anywayyyyss, I happen to work for Today’s Bride magazine (http://www.todaysbride.com), and we’re working on a print feature about Marquee Letters. We would love, love, love to feature this photo from your insanely gorgeous wedding: http://evanandkatelyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Reception-614-700×466.jpg

Do you have a hi-res copy you’d be willing to send over to me at dwright at todaysbride dot com? We will absolutely provide photo credit with the image. Please let me know. :)

Thanks,

Denise W. & the TB team

• Katelyn Sheline

September 24, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Hey Denise! Thanks for reading our blog!! We would love to be in your print feature- in terms of the photo, this is one that our wedding photographer took so I’m not sure if you’d need to contact her to get permission or anything like that (I’m not sure how it works). I’ll contact her and ask. Also, would you be able to print a link to our blog in the print feature? Thanks so much!! :D

4. Today'sBride

September 25, 2014 at 7:32 am

Yay!! :)

Yes, we would definitely need permission from the photographer to use the image. If you contact & ask, you can let him/her know that they can send the image over. And we would be happy to link to your blog. :) Thank you!!

5. Today'sBride

September 30, 2014 at 7:32 am

Just following up to let you know we got the photos & release form from your photographer! I will include a direct link to your blog with any online use as well as a text link for the print version. I would be happy to send over a copy once it’s published! If you need anything else in the meantime, please feel free to contact me at dwright (at) todaysbride (dot) com. :)

• Katelyn Sheline

September 30, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Yay that is exciting! And yes we would LOVE to have a copy once it’s published! Thanks again for including the links to the blog. I’ll email you our address so you know where to ship it. Thank you!